[AccessD] OT: Friday humor

Steven W. Erbach serbach at new.rr.com
Tue Sep 23 16:12:10 CDT 2003

Billy,

>> So the question is, should DatabaseAdvisors allow FridayHumor emails that
contain content where racism was the true intent of the original author? <<

>> should we be culturally sensitive or insensitive? <<

>> Sometimes it's difficult to get insensitive about this but you always
have to stand up
for what you believe in. <<

>> Database advisors is a fine database community
populated with generous people who are understanding, helpful and noble. <<

That last one I can sign onto...though it pains me to grant nobility to
Colby and Hindman...

Since somebody's going to get on my case about carrying a Friday discussion
into Tuesday, I think I'll duck out while the ducking's good.

Regards,

Steve Erbach
Scientific Marketing
Neenah, WI

"The press must learn that misguided use of a computer is no more amazing
than drunk driving of an automobile." - Ken Thompson (co-inventor of UNIX),
1984