[AccessD] OT: Friday humor

Francisco H Tapia my.lists at verizon.net
Tue Sep 23 16:32:46 CDT 2003

This topic is OT clearly labled and on a TUESDAY,  Let's take it to the
OT list if it requires further discussion

please note the netiquette at
http://www.databaseadvisors.com/lists/netiquette.htm

Specifically...
"We try to maintain a light, family oriented environment and recognize
that humour and banter are part and parcel. However please restrict
posting of jokes (topical, non-offensive only) to Fridays and mark them
as OT/Humour in the subject line. Be also advised that we have a
separate OT list, that you are welcome to join. Please use that to keep
the traffic on AccessD very much ON topic. Because of the virii that can
cause havoc with html mail, do not use html mail. Actually, plain text
is preferred by most people as it downloads faster." ...

Thus what is offensive to one may not be offensive to someone else, if
such material is unwanted simply add a filter to your email program that
can easily remove OT subjects from your inbox, or simply delete such email.

Thanks,
Francisco

Billy Pang wrote:

> Steven:
<snip>
> so I don't think his true intention was to promote negative
> stereotypes.  However, if the artist is anonymous, you don't know what
> his intensions are.  So the question is, should DatabaseAdvisors allow
> FridayHumor emails that contain content where racism was the true intent
> of the original author (Weird Al or anonymous)?  Naturally, this leads
> to the next question: so, should we be culturally sensitive or insensitive?
<snip>
--
-Francisco