[AccessD] ComboBox Rowsource With 2 Field PK

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Sep 23 20:38:27 CDT 2003

On 23 Sep 2003 at 21:23, Michael R Mattys wrote:

> Hi Access-D,
>
> I have a table which cannot be edited per client
> instruction. It is linked into the current database
> as the customer table and has two text fields that
> comprise the primary key (Division and CustomerNo)
>
> A third field, CustomerName, is the one I would like
> to show in my combobox on my form in order to
> select a customer. I cannot, however, make one
> or the other the bound column as the customer name
> just disappears.
>
> I have tried Bound Column: 1,2 and 1;2.
> Doesn't work.
> Does anyone know what I must do?
>
> Mike Mattys

You can only bind to a single column.

Preferably, redesign the customer table and related tables so that
you key on a single field (see the archives for discussions on
natural v surrogate keys)

Alternatively, you *could*  make the combobox unbound and set the key
fields in a before_update.

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg