[AccessD] DB design Brainteaser

Gary Miller gmiller at sistersnet.com
Thu Sep 25 15:38:03 CDT 2003

Jim,

 FYI -

New twist just developed as I found out that all growers
have an numeric ID generated out of a legacy system that
will still need to be manually interfaced with. Due to that
I am taking your Grower/Owner/Individual idea and modifying
it as follows. Owners are apparently referred to as
Landlords so I am making that change and as all Growers are
also a Landlord I will forsake the Individuals table and
just use the Landlord table with a field for GrowerID. Any
field would be subdivided to new fields if another grower
got involved so I don't have to worry about multiples there.

tblLandLords - One record per owner
LandLordID - Autonumber – PK

GrowerID – Integer - Indexed
L_FirstName - Text
L_LastName - Text
etc...

tblFields - One record per field
FieldID - Autonumber – PK

GrowerID – Integer – (Linked to tblLandlords GrowerID)

FieldNum – Text – (User Assigned)
FieldName - Text
FieldLocation - Text (Section/Range/Township)
etc...