[AccessD] OT- I am a lucky winner??

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Sep 26 14:52:10 CDT 2003

On 26 Sep 2003 at 17:51, Gustav Brock wrote:

> Hi Don
>
> There are many of this type. The other day I "won" quite an amount:
>
> <quote>
>
> We are pleased to inform you of the result of the Webmasters Global
> Email Lottery programs held on the 10th July, 2003. Your e-mail
> address attached to ticket number 56842741 with Serial Number
> 5421-5739 Drew lucky numbers 2,8,15,21,26,34,38, which consequently
> Won in the 2nd category and have therefore been approved for a lump
> sum pay of US$300.000.00  (Three hundred thousand United States
> Dollars).
>
> </quote>
>
> I had to call a number and probably give away some privacy so I dumped
> it.

Rather than giving away privacy, these scams work by getting you to
pay up front fees.

I once responded to one to see what the angle was ( I ccreated a
special hotmail throw-away address just for it).  After telling me
that I had won lots of money in a Dutch lottery, they asked for
something like 3,000 Euro's in fees.

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg