[AccessD] Wierd AccXP memo happenings.

Bobby Heid bheid at appdevgrp.com
Wed Apr 7 12:02:23 CDT 2004

Hi all,

I have a query that pulls data from several tables.  Been running well for
years.  I get a call on Monday that it will not print all the way.  So after
some researching, I found out that the report was blowing up when it got to
a certain page.

What was happening is that the data from this one table is all of type
double.  BUT, for some reason, this one record is returning with the data
from a memo field from the same record (not pulled in the query) and is
blowing up where I am trying to keep up with some totals.

I can delete the data out of the memo and the query runs correctly.  I past
back the data and it blows up again.  So, I save the memo data in notepad,
remove it from the record, compact the database, import it into a new
database, then add the data back form notepad, and it blows again!

Any ideas (short of moving the memo field to its own record) on how to fix
this sort of problem?  It runs great on 100+ other database (all back-ends).

Thanks,
Bobby