[AccessD] Startup Properties

Mitsules, Mark S. (Newport News) Mark.Mitsules at ngc.com
Wed Apr 7 16:07:26 CDT 2004

Building on the "Permissions Refresher" topic, has anyone implemented, or is
it possible, to minimize user's "oops" by utilizing the following scenario?

FIRST - Uncheck the following startup properties:
Display Database Window
Allow Full Menus
Allow Default Shortcut Menus
Allow Built-in Toolbars
Allow Toolbar/Menu Changes
Use Access Special Keys

SECOND - Create an Administrator option that is shown on the switchboard
based on the results of the GetUserName function.  This would provide a form
to reset those startup properties to default if needed.

This database solution is in its infancy and bound to go through numerous
design changes...therefore, I need to be able to go into design mode when
necessary, yet default to a more secure mode when I exit.  Is this a viable
solution for use in a small workgroup?  Any downside?

Mark