[AccessD] BEU Enchancement

Jim Dettman jimdettman at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 8 11:49:34 CDT 2004

Reuben, Andy, Lembit, or Bryan

  I recommended the BEU to someone and their using relinking code in their
app.  The problem is, it quits the app if a relink cannot be performed on a
table, which is the case when you add a new table via the BEU.  To help
developers around that problem, I would suggest adding a function call that
checks the BEU task list and returns True if it finds the table name.
Example:

' In relink code

If Not IsNewBEUTable(strTableName) then
   ' Relink the table
End If

' Function added to BEU.
Public Function IsNewBEUTable(strTableName as string) as integer

  ' Check BEU task table to see if strTableName is added
  ' Pass back True if found or False if not.

End Function

  I'm not sure exactly what needs to be done to actually identifiy the table
in the task list because I haven't dug deep enough, but I thought I'd pass
along the suggestion at least.

Jim Dettman
President,
Online Computer Services of WNY, Inc.