[AccessD] Get data from Word Doc - A2K

Reuben Cummings reuben at gfconsultants.com
Mon Apr 12 16:40:22 CDT 2004

I have a 393 page Word document that has data about bridges.  Every 3 pages
is one bridge meaning every third page is formatted exactly alike (Page 1
and Page 4 are alike, Page 2 and Page 5, Page 3 and 6).   There are about 10
pieces of data I would like to extract about every bridge, a little bit on
each of the three pages.

Is it possible to scan thru this document somehow and 'extract' these 10
items from it to Access?

I have tried to copy the document to Excel, but a lot of the text from Word
will end up in one cell rather than split into a cell of its own.

Thanks.

Reuben Cummings
GFC, LLC
phone: 812.523.1017