[AccessD] Inventory Design

Tim Thiessen tim at irwingreenhouses.com
Thu Apr 15 14:00:30 CDT 2004

Hi Group!
The company I work for produces products that are persiable.  Our inventory
setup has worked well in the past but now our market is changing and we need
to make a change.  Currently, we physically count products and place on the
inventory for a week period.  With the new markets, we will need to be able
to track future inventory or production and apply future orders to it in
order  to know what is or is not available on a certain date in the future.
We will need to be working up to 18 months in advance.  This will primarily
be used to help sales and to plan production.  Has anyone had any experience
with doing this sort of thing and have any advice in designing tables to
accomplish this?

Tim Thiessen
Production Manager
Irwin Greenhouses, Inc.