[AccessD] Deployment Woes

Mitsules, Mark S. (Newport News) Mark.Mitsules at ngc.com
Fri Apr 30 15:48:18 CDT 2004

I need the weekend to think this over, but I'm open for suggestions.  Our
department currently utilizes an existing database which is not split.
There are an estimated 100 shortcuts to this database littered throughout
the department.  Do to a rising concern in "concurrency issues", I need to
split this db.  With such an ingrained dependency on the existing shortcut,
it was suggested that I utilize the existing db as nothing more than a
glorified .bat file starter to distribute the new FE and subsequently check
revision status.  This seems like an awful lot of overhead in order to
placate the existing user base, and obviously would increase start-up times.
What do you think?

Mark