[AccessD] A2K: Stop User from oving to new record

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Sun Apr 4 19:25:35 CDT 2004

On 5 Apr 2004 at 10:08, Darren DICK wrote:

>  I have a simple subform with 4 fields on it
> ID (PK),  txtDateOfOccurence, cboClientName, cboOffence
>
> How can I tell if the user goes to a new record and they have not
> completed ALL fields in the previous record How do I alert them and
> then direct them back to the previous record?

Use the before update event of the form. Check to make sure they
entered a vale and if not set Cancel = true in the event. That should
prevent the record from being saved and keep the sub form on the
"unfinished" record

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody
appreciates how difficult it is.