[AccessD] AllowEdits on Subform

Andy Lacey andy at minstersystems.co.uk
Mon Apr 5 11:51:25 CDT 2004

Hi Virginia
subControl refers to the name on the main form that you've given to the
subform control (think Access defaults to Childnnn, but you'd want to change
that to something meaningful). The tab doesn't affect it.

Not so sure you can do Undo in the same way. The problem (I think, but open
to correction) is that, having put data onto a subform, if you click away
from the subform to the main form (i.e. to your Undo button on the main
form) Access carries out a Save of the subform data. And once the save has
occurred you can't Undo. Undo is only available BeforeUpdate. What I'd
suggest is that you place the Undo button in the header of the subform
rather than on the main form. It can then just do a Me.Undo and should work
ok as focus won't have moved off the sub.

-- Andy Lacey
http://www.minstersystems.co.uk