[AccessD] OT: open source

Jürgen Welz jwelz at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 6 11:42:30 CDT 2004

I get a news letter 'What's New Now from Ziff Davis' that had links to a
number of articles alleging that the TCO of Microsoft product was cheaper
than open source alternatives.  I very briefly skimmed the article but don't
have access to the mail account that receives this news letter except
Fridays when I do my weekly support stint at a former employer who maintains
this account for me.

I suspect that many of the arguments have to do with the ubiquitousness of
the Microsoft product in North America, the pervasive use of which results
in a significantly reduced learning curve for many businesses.

Ciao
Jürgen Welz
Edmonton, Alberta
jwelz at hotmail.com