[AccessD] A2K: Help with Error accessing file

Steven W. Erbach serbach at new.rr.com
Tue Apr 6 18:25:48 CDT 2004

Brett,

>> I followed Drew's suggestion a while back, and picked up a copy of Remote
Administrator (www.radmin.com).  $35 covers the license for 2 machines.  No
monthly charges.  No headaches.  Works for us! <<

I have to admit that I like GoToMyPC for one reason: I can log in from any PC with a browser. I used my 133 MHz 32 MB laptop running Win 95 on Monday at one client's site and I used a Win XP w/s at another client's site today. I had left my host PC in 800 x 600 mode when I left the office. When I fired up GoToMyPC I tried changing the screen resolution while connected...and voila! I switched to 1152 x 864 (my normal resolution). Then I viewed the GoToMyPC window in full screen mode and the only way I could tell I wasn't sitting at my PC was that the color depth is reduced to 8-bit color, so my company logo looked a bit blotchy, and there's the little shade pull thingie hovering at the very top of the screen to remind me where the GoToMyPC menu is.

I particularly like tha drawing feature. Pretty snazzy, I calls it.

Yeah, $15 a month is a bit much...but logging in from ANYWHERE with ANY PC is pretty durn convenient.

Regards,

Steve Erbach
Scientific Marketing
Neenah, WI
920-969-0504

"If you can't say anything nice, run for President." - Argus Hamilton