[AccessD] OT: open source

Bob Hall rjhjr at cox.net
Tue Apr 6 18:36:51 CDT 2004

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 07:21:58PM -0400, Susan Harkins wrote:
> =========All of the above. The documentation is some of the worst around --
> it use to be. MS is rather dry, cryptic, and even sometimes wrong, but you
> can understand it. I could barely read through the MySQL documentation. Mind
> you it's been a few years so they've probably improved things a lot as
> they've grown (I would hope). Just personal experience though -- I don't
> like to work so hard. :)

The documentation at the MySQL web site is intended to be the concise up-to-date reference documentation. Aside from the tutorial, it is intended for people who are already experienced with MySQL and need an answer to a specific question. If you need user-friendly documentation, buy "MySQL" by Paul DuBois. I can't recommend it enough.

Bob Hall