[AccessD] A2K:Create Fields via code

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Wed Apr 7 21:07:52 CDT 2004

I can't help with the decision, but if you're having trouble creating an
AutoNumber field, perhaps you're using the wrong keyword -- did you try
counter or autoincrement?

Susan H.

Hello all
I managed to find in the help code for creating fields in tables. Excellent
I can see examples and general info on creating just about every field known
to mankind....except Autonumber.

I am importing a DBF file with no Autonumber

The field I was going to use a PK in that file is TEXT.

So..I'm open to suggestions- convert the text field to a number field or try
and add an Auutonumber field and use that

Any suggestions welcome

many thanks

Darren