[AccessD] Access 2000 error

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Mon Apr 12 20:44:13 CDT 2004

The default install of MDAC on WinXP is 2.7
If you have multiple installs of  MDAC on your system. the highest level
of the MDAC points to
MSADO15.dll  Lower levels of ADO  MDAC point to a .tlb file like MSADO26.tlb
 On  my system I have Access 97 and 2003 installed so I have MDAC 2.1
installed as well due to 97 being there.
 So my selection of references is
 ADO  2.7  ---- MSADO15.dll
 ADO  2.6  ---- MSADO26.tlb
 ADO  2.5  ---- MSADO25.tlb
 ADO  2.1  ---- MSADO21.tlb
I would check what file your references are pointing to.
You may not have MDAC 2.1 installed on one of your machines,  this MDAC
is available as a seperate
download from http://www.microsoft/data and is only installed with lower
versions of Access.
Also some of these MDAC's like 2.5 have up to 3 SP's.
MDAC 2.7 and 2.8 don't run on Win95
I would pick one MDAC depending on your OSes and standardize on it.
Remembering each OS version comes with a specific level of the MDAC.

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.