[AccessD] Still having a subform problem...

Bryan Carbonnell Bryan_Carbonnell at cbc.ca
Fri Apr 16 13:25:05 CDT 2004

Since the command button and the sub form are on the same subform, try

Me.Form(sSearchField).ColumnOrder = 1

Bryan Carbonnell
bryan_carbonnell at cbc.ca

>>> clh at christopherhawkins.com 16-Apr-04 2:00:46 PM >>>
..although I looked at this page:

http://www.databaseadvisors.com/newletters/newsletter032004/0310Refere

nceGuide/SyntaxForSubs.htm

The syntax just isn't working.  So, to restate the problem:

The Overview:

frmMain, which has a subform control named sFrm. sFrm's SourceObject
= "frmSearch"

frmSearch, which has a button named cmdSearch and a subform control
named sFrmResults. sFrmResults' SourceObject = "frmResults".

frmResults, which has a bunch of fields like FirstName, LastName,
etc. Typical customer database stuff. frmResults displays as a
datasheet.

The Problem:

In the code behind cmdSearch, there is a line that tries to re-order
the columns in the datasheet contained in sFrmResults. That code
looks like this:

[sFrmResults].Form(sSearchField).ColumnOrder = 1

That line of code tries to execute but instead yields this error:

Method 'Form' of object '_Subform' failed.

Now, this is also totally vanilla, but for some reason it just won't
work. I tried pulling frmSearch out of frmMain so that the search
form was it's own form instead of being a subform, and this line
worked just fine then. Unfortunately, my client will not accep that
change as a solution; frmSearch must remain a subform.

But that line just does not work when frmSearch is a subform.