[AccessD] Using WinZip With Access

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Apr 20 10:53:47 CDT 2004

Hi paul

> Thanks for everybody’s help on this I now know what the problem is.  We are using an Evaluation copy of Winzip, if I set the focus of the Shell command below to vbMaximizedFocus:

> strCommand = "C:\Program Files\Winzip\Wzzip.exe " & wzFinal & " " & strShiftData & " " & strDownTime & vbCrLf
>             wzFiles = Shell(strCommand, vbMaximizedFocus)

> A message appears in the window with press any key to continue, and if I press any key it works perfect.  Is there anyway I can include the keypress into the Shell Command.  If I can get this to
> work automatically then I should be able to convince the powers that be to invest in the fully registered version.

> Thanks again for everyone’s help on this

Fine!

If you don't need WinZip for anything else than this, do as we do, use
a freeware command line zip'er like ZIP.EXE (115 K size only):

---

C:\WINNT\TEMP>zip -L
Copyright (C) 1990-1997 Mark Adler, Richard B. Wales, Jean-loup Gailly,
Onno van der Linden and Kai Uwe Rommel.
Type 'zip -L' for the software License.

Permission is granted to any individual or institution to use, copy, or
redistribute this executable so long as it is not modified and that it is
not sold for profit.

LIKE ANYTHING ELSE THAT'S FREE, ZIP AND ITS ASSOCIATED UTILITIES ARE
PROVIDED AS IS AND COME WITH NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR
IMPLIED. IN NO EVENT WILL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES
RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE.

---

Command line for ZIP.EXE is the same as you have already.

/gustav