[AccessD] custom sorts/groups in a report

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Apr 20 18:08:04 CDT 2004

On 20 Apr 2004 at 16:48, Susan Harkins wrote:

> If the expression's in the query and you open the report without specifying
> the value in the form, how would you prevent an error in the form? I suppose
> I could just handle it and remind the user to open the form and choose the
> first day of the week.

Use the Static function I posted earlier. It will initially return a
value of 0 (vbUseSystem)

> Which reminds me -- can someone explain the vbUseSystem constant? There's
> almost nothing about it on msdn. It's a system default, but there's not much
> about it. Well, the serious search-challenged was unable to find anything on
> it besides a vague reference -- no real explanation of the consequences.

It tells Access to use the NLS API setting.  (National Language
Supprt)

i.e.  Use the FDOW returned by the GetLocaleInfoA() API call for a
parameter of "LOCALE_IFIRSTDAYOFWEEK"

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg