[AccessD] Using WinZip With Access

Jim Lawrence (AccessD) accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Apr 20 19:30:07 CDT 2004

Hi Paul:

There is a way but it has been a long while since I have used it.

1. Create a file, say named return.txt and in notepad place one value, say
'1'.
2. Save file in an appropriate location, (and this is where it might become
complicated), run a program like, old DOS's debug, or a sector or hex editor
against the newly created file. In the editing mode change the value '1' or
now displayed as hex 31 to hex 13 (carriage return).
3. Save the file again and exit the hex editor.

Now you can use the following line of text when shelling to the command
prompt:

strCommand = "C:\Program Files\Winzip\Wzzip.exe " & wzFinal & " " &
strShiftData & " " & strDownTime & " < return.txt" & vbCrLf

wzFiles = Shell(strCommand, vbMaximizedFocus)

At the command prompt, the line should look something like:

C:\Program Files\Winzip\Wzzip.exe xxxx xxxx xxxx < return.txt

HTH
Jim