[Accessd] Running a report each Wednesday at 10:00 am

John Ruff papparuff at comcast.net
Sun Apr 25 11:02:53 CDT 2004

The Windows Task Scheduler is a great tool coupled with Access' startup
command-line options ("Startup command-line options" in help) are perfect
for what you want to do.

The Task Scheduler is used to open the Access program that runs the report
each Wed at 10:00 am and the command-line options tells the program to
perform the task when the command-line option is invoked.

When you start the task scheduler you will want to tell it where the
MSAccess program is and what database do you want to start.  Typically it
will look something like this: (careful about wordwrap)

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\MSACCESS.EXE"
"\\Blv2-dmt\LeadGen\BZUSPSMTA01\Import_BZTables_Ver_11_XP.mdb" /cmd Autorun

(In my sample line above I use the word Autorun as my command-line keyword
but you can use any word you want)

Next you will need to do some coding in your Access program to recognize the
cmd Autorun command-line option.  I typically use a hidden splash screen and
in the form's OnLoad Event I would place the code that would print the
report and then close the program once the printing is done.

Private Sub Form_Load()

   Dim strDocName As String

    If Command = "Autorun" Then

        ' Print the document
        strDocName = "rpt_Metrics"
    	  DoCmd.OpenReport strDocName, acNormal
        ' Quit the program
        DoCmd.Quit

    End If

End Sub

John V. Ruff - The Eternal Optimist :-)

"Commit to the Lord whatever you do,
                and your plans will succeed." Proverbs 16:3