[AccessD] Capture value when deleting a a record

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed Apr 28 07:47:25 CDT 2004

On 28 Apr 2004 at 8:17, Barbara Ryan wrote:

> In an Access 97 application, I have a form that displays records from
> a table.  When a user deletes a record, I want to first capture the
> value in the key field and store it in a variable.  However, when the
> OnDelete event occurs, the record has already been deleted to a
> buffer.

No it isn't. It does not get deleted  until after the OnDelete and
before the DeleteConfirm.

You *can* store the current Key in the OnDelete into a form or global
variable. I do it frequently.

>I've also tried Form_Current but it's not available there
> either.

You must be doing something else wrong. It is also available there (I
capture it at that point on occasions as well)

How about posting your form's code to see what is happening?

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg