[AccessD] User Defined Properties A97

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Thu Apr 29 09:20:33 CDT 2004

Terry,
I haven't seen anyone answer this question yet so here goes...

First off, I wouldn't recommend using reserved words for a user defined
"anything".

Here is a cutdown, basic function to recall a property:
Public Function ReadMyProp() As Variant
   ' Comments  : Returns the database user defined property: UDPrp
   ' Returns   : Variant
   On Error GoTo Error_Proc
   Dim db As DAO.Database
   Dim prp As DAO.Property
   Set db = CurrentDb
   Set prp = db.Properties("UDPrp")
   ReadMyProp = prp
Exit_Proc:
   Set prp = Nothing
   Set db = Nothing
   Exit Function
Error_Proc:
   If Err = 3270 Then
      'Error 3270 means that the property was not found.
   Else
      'Add additional Error Handling here
   End If
   GoTo Exit_Proc