[AccessD] Sub form updates not immediately visible to parent

MarkH lists at theopg.com
Fri Apr 30 14:22:32 CDT 2004

Hi all

Using AXP in WinXP

I have a very complex form and subform where the parent performs
calculations based, partly on, records accessed through the subform.
Inclusion of the subform records in the calcs is dependant on a yes/no
field being set to yes.

On the parent is a button which refreshes the calcs. If I change the
subforms yes/no value and then click the refresh button on the parent
straight away, the change is not always reflected in the calculations.
If I wait 5 or 6 seconds (working on a local backend) then everything is
fine.

I have spent a lot of time trying to simplify the code (the refresh
button being a result) but no matter what there is still a delay
resulting in the calcs not always being refreshed properly. I tried
requerying and saving in the subform both after the edit and when the
refresh button is clicked but I still get the same problem.

Any one got any pointers, I'd be real greatful.

Thanks and have a good weekend (I'm off at last)

Mark