[AccessD] OT: Anyone have a SpeedStream 5260 DSL modem?

ACTEBS actebs at actebs.com.au
Mon Aug 2 07:49:50 CDT 2004

Drew,

I think you'll find there are more elegant solutions to this. I would
recommend you leave the modem as just that a fully bridged modem that
hooks up to smoothwall, a linux based firewall with a wonderful browser
based administering tool. You can check it out at www.smoothwall.org

All you need is an old PC 486 or better with 64Meg of RAM 2 x network
cards and you're away. So simple to set up and so much more secure than
those inbuilt firewalls the modems come with.

I've been using it for the past 6 months and have been blown away by
it's flexibility and robustness...Best of all it's free - can't do
better than that!

HTH
Vlad
www.actebs.com.au