[AccessD] TransferText Causing System Crash

David Emerson davide at dalyn.co.nz
Thu Aug 26 18:48:08 CDT 2004

Group,

I have an AXP ade/SQL2000 runtime setup running on Windows 2003
Server.  When I use the DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet or DoCmd.TransferText
commands my database crashes (Unexpected error in MSAccess.exe).

Examples are -

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel7, strTableName,
strFullName
DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, , "dbo.ttmpTOURawData", strFullName, False
DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel97,
"dbo.ttmpSwitchNewIn", Me!txtSwitchFile, True
DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel97,
"dbo.ttmpTemporary", Me!txtDataFile
DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, , "dbo.ttmpAgedDebtorDDebitExp", strFullName
DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, , "dbo.ttmpExportMerge",
DLookup("RootFolder", "tblCompany") & "\Merge\CustMerge.TXT", True
DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, , "dbo.ttmpSwitchNewOut",
DLookup("RootFolder", "tblCompany") & "\Switch\CustSwitch.TXT", True
DoCmd.TransferText acImportDelim, , "dbo.ttmpTOURawData", strFullName, False

The commands work on my development machine (WXP Professional with Office
97 and Office XP).

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the runtime application.

Other commands in the Access library seem to work ok.  The version of the
olb (C:\Program Files\Microsoft OfficeXP\Office10\msacc.olb) on my machine
is 10.0.6308.0.  The runtime machine (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Access
Runtime\Office10\msacc.olb) has version 10.0.2627.1.

Any clues why the transfer commands might be causing problems?

Regards

David Emerson
Dalyn Software Ltd
25 Cunliffe St, Churton Park