[AccessD] Coding for backing up deletes

Paul Rodgers Paul.Rogers at SummitMedia.co.uk
Tue Aug 3 09:42:32 CDT 2004

Yes, that's a good and simple idea, Susan H, thanks very much.

-----Original Message-----
From: Susan Harkins [mailto:ssharkins at bellsouth.net]
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 2:54 PM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: RE: [AccessD] Coding for backing up deletes

Do you really have to move it to another table? You could just add a field
-- Active/Inactive -- something like that. You'll have to remember to update
all your queries, etc., but unless there's some reason to really need to
move it to another table, I don't think I'd bother.

Susan H.

Any of our craftsfolk ever coded for something like this please?

The user wants to delete a file in a table. She goes to a form, and finds
the record. She clicks a button and the record is 'deleted' - only really it
goes into a waiting backup table ... just in case.

Expert guidance would be appreciated.