[AccessD] Naming Conventions

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Wed Aug 4 15:31:22 CDT 2004

I'm just talking about the actual object name abbreviations Charlotte. ;)

Susan H.

I hope they do.  I had to when I was learning to use a naming convention.
It's a rite of passage for developers.

One of the things a new developer needs to learn is how to write
standardized code that someone else can decipher.  Unless they're
experienced, their code is going to need a lot of revision over time, and
they'll save plenty of time for themselves and others down the road if no
one has to struggle to figure out what those objects and variables are.
When I have to deal with code that uses variables like i, j, k, l m or
objects like ThisOne, ThatOne, TheOther, I want to beat someone to a bloody
pulp for winging it.  On the other hand, if someone uses prefixes, I may be
baffled by a few of them the first time I see them, but it won't take long
to learn to translate.

Charlotte Foust