[AccessD] Names or numbers?

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Aug 5 04:06:14 CDT 2004

Hi Jim

> I had the pleasure of writing a document on how a reference document could
> be written. It was later accepted as a standard. From that day on, all
> fonts, weight, indentation of any application manuals had to adhere the
> standard. All submissions were marked up or down by compliance.

> That process goes doubly for coding. Every table, view, stored procedure
> field, key and foreign key name must comply. So many lines of explanation
> for every piece of code and so on.

Sounds like a decent piece of work! Could it be (revised and) brought
to the dba site as a guide? I mean, not (necessarily) a guide to
follow, but to how such a guide could look and what you need to
specify?

> There are many good companies, with good developers out there. If one does
> not what to comply there is no point in bidding on a contract. I have
> witnessed a perspective contractor, with an otherwise, perfect bid loss a
> contract on just a missed signature.

What are you telling here? No signature, no contract - but why did the
signature miss?

/gustav