[AccessD] OT: Why not reply at top of message

Kathryn Bassett kathryn at bassett.net
Fri Aug 6 00:13:26 CDT 2004

Kath Pelletti said:
> Nice talking to you Stuart - I am going to leave this thread
> - I fear that the result is going to be that everyone starts
> bottom posting and I'll bitterly regret raising the topic!!

Kath, I do it the same way that Stuart does - interspersing quotes and my comments. Once in a while, I'll get lazy and top post, but I always feel guilty when I do, as I realize it IS lazyness that makes me do it. What gripes me is the people who, regardless of top or bottom posting, will quote the entire message and not edit it so that the reply is only to the pertinant part. This message is an example of the right way (IMO) to do that. I only quoted the one paragraph of your message and dumped the rest of the message.

Kathryn (I don't shorten mine)

Oh, and I use Outlook, and don't have my signature set to automatic, instead I "insert" it (as I have several that are pertinant for specific lists). The one below is my general one.

--
Kathryn Rhinehart Bassett (Pasadena CA)
"Genealogy is my bag" "GH is my soap"
kathryn at bassett.net