[AccessD] References (again) - Access 97

Fri Aug 6 14:48:28 CDT 2004

 Except some times, and I'm not sure of the what or why's, the file
increases quite a bit. One of my FE's weighs in at about 22 Megs when all
nice a de-compile and re-compiled and compacted. As soon as the db has to
deal with a reference change and re-compile it's self, it bloats to around
47 megs. The ONLY way that I have found to get the size back down to a
reasonable 25 megs is to use the **Internal** compact and repair. Performing
the compact and repair externally does very little (maybe 3-4 megs) to
reduce the size..

 It's has been a problem from day one.

Robert Gracie
www.servicexp.com