[AccessD] AXP and Error 3310

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Mon Aug 9 11:57:59 CDT 2004

Unfortunately, I would have to rewrite the application to do that,
Gustav.  If I were importing a single file, it might be OK, but we are
unzipping a file that may contain text files exported from any group of
the data tables in our application.  We have to loop through the
individual tables, see if a text file for that table has been included,
and import the data appropriately into a temporary table where any type
or units conversion and internationalization issues can be handled
before moving the data into the main tables.  We also have to deal with
files that might have been created by an earlier version of our
application, which means they may require special temporary tables to
match the shape used in that earlier version.  You get the idea.  It
would be a nightmare to build and maintain direct file I/O routines in
code, complete with special handling.  I could do it, but my bosses
would scream for a week ... And then catch their breath and start over
again. :-{

Charlotte Foust