[AccessD] formatting strings and placing them in a larger string

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Wed Aug 11 14:05:48 CDT 2004

Well, this part is easy. I named the following function after several
similars that I learned in dBASE, Clipper, etc.

<Code>
'-----------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------
' Procedure : Replicate
' DateTime  : 8/11/2004 15:00
' Author    : Arthur Fuller
' Purpose   : return a string consisting of the input char replicated to
N length
' Notes     :
'           :
' Revisions :
'           :
'-----------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------
'
Public Function Replicate(strChar, intCount) As String

    Dim strResult As String
    Dim i As Integer

    On Error GoTo Replicate_Error
    For i = 1 To intCount
        strResult = strResult + strChar
    Next

    Replicate = strResult

    On Error GoTo 0
    Exit Function

Replicate_Error:

    MsgBox "Error " & Err.Number & " (" & Err.Description & ")" & _
    vbCrLf & _
    "in procedure Replicate of Module aaLib"

End Function
</Code>