[AccessD] Date Modified

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Thu Aug 12 10:55:50 CDT 2004

If the scripting run-time is installed, Outlook and Oexpress become
major points of weakness. Should the hapless user open an attachment,
all hell could break loose.

I personally have the scripting stuff installed, but at least in theory
I know what I'm doing -- having shot myself in the foot numerous times,
I'm now an alleged expert! But I wish I knew 1/10 as much about hardware
as I do about software. The simplest hardware + network issues can
baffle me for days and weeks. I have had the ostensible luxury of
working in environments where other people handled all that stuff, and I
concentrated on the software apps. As a result, I'm appallingly ignorant
about hardware and network stuff.

There are abundant examples of truly dangerous scripts. Assuming you're
safely backed up, you could run a few on your own machine to see the
potential.

A.