[AccessD] Naming Conventions

Francisco H Tapia my.lists at verizon.net
Thu Aug 12 16:07:24 CDT 2004

DWUTKA at marlow.com wrote On 8/11/2004 1:40 PM:

>These are the after effects of someone's 'deemed' best practices.  If I had
>a contract job, like the one you discussed below, I would do as the client
>asked.  But when developing other software, which did not have such client
>restraints, then I would use the method that I work the fastest in, and find
>the most convenient to use.  That saves my clients time and money.
>
>It's not lazy, in fact, you could say that you're being lazy, in applying
>one clients 'demands' on all of your clients, so that you don't have to
>change mindsets. <Grin>

While everyone on the list will agree that i, l and k are all simply just integer or long counters, and could be used interchangeably... it also isn't a big deal to be explicit and say lngRankCnt or lngRankCount, the fact that it took you all of a .001 seconds to type out the extra characters is negligable... and in fact when reviewing your code for logic you'd spot the variable name and explicitly know what the heck it was ment to do.

--
-Francisco