[AccessD] OT Friday

Jim Lawrence (AccessD) accessd at shaw.ca
Sat Aug 14 03:27:43 CDT 2004

Hi John:

Completely off topic but it is Friday the thirteenth.

An educated friend of ours had just completed a Masters in Child Psychology
and had subsequently been instructing us and her other friends on the proper
methods of managing children. Our children, were then young and were proving
very difficult to manage (unlike their parents.) She was sure she could get
them in line within a couple of weeks, if given the opportunity.

She had her first son and he was unstoppable. All of us quietly mused, that
there was justice in the universe. I remember her saying to me, when I had
appears to be about to say something, at her sister-in-laws wedding
reception, in which her son was racing around unfettered and she having
collapsed in the adjacent chair..."Don't say anything! I have been eating
crow for the last six months."

My point is:
No amount of preparation or education can allow you to win control of a
'force of nature'.

...and further more...

A compromise can not be won against those who's creed is 'Death before
Dishonor'.

True stubbornness can not be resolved by tact or diplomacy. (It can not be
resolved by anything for that matter.)

...and that is my rambling opinions.
Jim