[AccessD] Clear Locks Via OS (was: A table that can't be duplicated)

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Wed Aug 18 12:13:31 CDT 2004

This is what I am trying to do from the workstation. (I recently asked about
this on DBA-Tech).

I have a customer site where their 3rd party app is constantly leaving an
mdb & ldb file open on the server every time they use the apps. (I can't
touch the apps - VB using A97 mdb BE). I am looking for a way to do this
from the workstation because as simple as it sounds, the client is afraid of
logging onto the server to do this and the developer is non-responsive to
the problem. (Your message below is what I have them doing now plus closing
the hung mdb & ldb files for the user that is no longer using the app.)

Any idea of whether I can do this from the workstation? Maybe wrap the apps
startup in a batch file that calls the app and when done calls a script to
clean it up?

JB