[AccessD] RE: [dba-OT] Contract Work - Time Sensitive Question :x-posted d ba-OT

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Thu Aug 19 10:21:07 CDT 2004

Give them an hourly rate -- send them a bill every week -- don't work if
they stop paying. I know that sounds extreme, but I will never again work
for a fixed fee. Of course, you have to show results occasionally to keep
yourself honest and to keep them interested -- but that's no big deal.

Susan H.

<kidding> Danger, Will Robinson!  Danger!! </kidding>

I don't know how universal it is, but for me, a good rule of thumb has been
this:  If the client thinks it should be easy, it will be very complex; if
the client thinks it will be really hard to do, it will be very easy, and
the client will be easily impressed.