[AccessD] Powerpoint VBA/add-in/PPS problem

Erwin Craps - IT Helps Erwin.Craps at ithelps.be
Thu Dec 2 03:07:37 CST 2004

I created a powerpoint presentation that gets his information from an
Access database. every time a specific slide is shown (every 30
seconds). This serves for a movie theatre to show the actual movies,
time and theatre number it will be played in, on large TFT panels that
are in the income hall of the movietheatre.

I managed to solve the autoexec thing I posted before, but I still have
an other issue.

This is what I have today.
A shortcut on the desktop that runs the presentation. An powerpoint
add-in makes sure code is executed that is in the presentation to
initialize the database connection and run the presentation (two monitor
mode).

While the presentations runs I have two icons on my taskbar, one for the
show and one for powerpoint.
The problem is that the computer needs to be used sometimes during the
show, but when the powerpoint gets activate by clicking on the taskbar
icon or using ALT+TAB the show freezes.
Then you need to maximize powerpoint where a toolbar has apaered with a
"Continue presentation" button. I need to click this button to continue.

This causes the show to stop and his is not always noticed.
So I was looking for some VBA parameter that it would ignore clicks etc
but it does not seam to exist...
My other option is to save the ppt as a pps, this solves my click
problem (and I only have one icon on the taskbar), It can only be
stopped by pressing ESC, which is ecellent for me.
BUT, I cant use the PPS because my add-in does not get executed and
therefor will not run the code inside the add-in nor in the
presentation, this is when opening the presentation with the shortcut.
If I first open powerpoint and than the pps file, it does get executed.
So probably the add-in does not get loaded when using a shortcut.

So I'm stuck...
Why is this so damme hard in Powerpoint!!!

I really want to use powerpoint as the VBA base and not run the
powerpoint from within access vba.
So, one of the posible solutions would be a way to run the add-in or
even a specific macro from the command line shortcut...
But I'm open for other suggestions.

The VBA documentation in Powerpoint is really lousy also on the MSDN
werbsite the help is identical to the help inside Powerpoint...

thx

Erwin Craps

Zaakvoerder

www.ithelps.be/jonathan

This E-mail is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the
intended recipient only. Access, disclosure, copying, distribution, or
reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited and may be a criminal
offence. Please delete if obtained in error and E-mail confirmation to
the sender.

IT Helps - I.T. Help Center  ***  Box Office Belgium & Luxembourg

www.ithelps.be <http://www.ithelps.be/>   *  www.boxoffice.be
<http://www.boxoffice.be/>   *  www.stadleuven.be
<http://www.stadleuven.be/>

IT Helps bvba* ** Mercatorpad 3 **  3000 Leuven

IT Helps  *  Phone: +32 16 296 404  *  Fax: +32 16 296 405 E-mail:
Info at ithelps.be

Box Office **  Fax: +32 16 296 406 **  Box Office E-mail:
Staff at boxoffice.be <mailto:figures at boxoffice.be>