[AccessD] A2003: FTP and Network Connection Gurus

Darren DICK d.dick at uws.edu.au
Wed Dec 8 16:14:45 CST 2004

Hi All
I need to add an FTP upload screen to one of my APPS

Firstly - lemme say I know nothing about such things
The client's  Network dude gave me...
A Server Name
A UserName
And a Password

So...I opened up an FTP client and successfully transferred the
back end of the app (About 4meg) to the FTP location he supplied
with the credentials he supplied - Phew so far so good :-))

Anyone got any code or forms or URL's they'd like to share so I can
incorporate something like an FTP scheduler in my app, to run nightly?

Secondly how do I then link a front end to this FTP'd backend?
I know the IPADRRESS of the FTP destination, but don't know the
share or what the 'true' location of the FTP'd file is

I have relinking code that can link to all the tables in say....
 \\123.123.456.789\SomeShare\SomedB.mdb
But how to I work out a path like that from the FTP info I have so far??

Many thanks in advance

Darren