[AccessD] Looking for TWAIN ocx

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Dec 17 08:37:13 CST 2004

Neal, did you decide for a tool?

/gustav

>>> Gustav at cactus.dk 30-11-2004 12:18:11 >>>
Hi Neal! So your're back? Could it have been after 1½ years?
Anyway, have you checked these:

  http://www.vintasoft.com/vstwain-index.html

For code examples and more:

  http://www.vintasoft.com/vstwain-faq.html

Not free, though cheap.
Also:

  http://www.pajant.co.uk

By the way, doesn't Windows come with its own Twain support and ocx?

If you wish to store the pictures in a database file, look here:

  http://www26.brinkster.com/alzowze/blobs.asp

I haven't used any of these myself, just did some research recently
for
a client.
If you find a solution, please share. This topic pops on from time to
time.

/gustav

>>> nkling at co.montgomery.ny.us 29-11-2004 20:44:41 >>>
I'm looking for a simple ocx/activex control/library to capture images
from a scanner in Access 2K. There are various available but the one's
I've seen seem to be built to take you to the moon and back. I don't
need editing, conversion etc. Just capture to the basic file types.
Specifically TIF.

I'll want to be able to specify path/name, file type, resolution. The
whole idea here is that I'm trying to remove a weak link, that being
the
users saving with the wrong file names.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks,