[AccessD] Mappoint and Access

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Fri Dec 3 13:01:23 CST 2004

You used to be able to screen scrape MapBlast site for this info, but
Microsoft bought them up 3 or 4 years ago.
You could also use the MS webservice site, so much per 1000 transactions
rather than purchasing multiple copies of mappoint.

Just don't forget all the oddities that will affect travel time. Here is
an extreme one.
To drive from Vancouver to Victoria the distance is only 60 miles, the
actual driving time is an hour and twenty minutes
However the total travel time is well over 3 hours due to the hour and
half ferry ride. Then you have to switch your watch
back 40 years to island time. MapPoint doesn't take these things  into
account

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.