[AccessD] A2003:Connect to a text file at a web address

Darren DICK d.dick at uws.edu.au
Mon Dec 20 17:38:46 CST 2004

Hi all
I am most grateful for all the suggestions
And thanks to all who shared their code (Gotta love this list) <VBG>

>From what I can see I can't actually do what I set out to do
That is - use the link table wizard to 'connect' to a text file on a web
site.

What I will do is (as Stuart Suggested) just FTP the text file from my
website
to the back end location (I have a code routine in the back end for
autoupdating)
And set up the link table wizard to that FTP'd text file and read the
version from that
And then run the necessary code if a newer version exists.

Many many thanks again to all who responded

DD