[AccessD] Best way to requery a list box in Access 2003

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 22 09:58:57 CST 2004

All true. :)

Susan H.

Susan,

That certainly works but should be applied judiciously.  Imagine 50 users in
a form tabbing through entering data all day long.  Each field is a combo
pulling 5000 records.  You would have a TON of database activity (and slow
combo functionality) just to ensure that the user had the "most up to date
data".  In my framework, I have a NotInList that fires if the data entered
is not in the combo already.  If it fires, then I can decide whether to
requery the combo or open a form and try to find the record.  If the record
is not found I move to the new record for new data entry.  Either way, the
data is pulled ONLY if the data being entered is not in the list.