[AccessD] Query SQL correct but not visible in design view

A.D.Tejpal adtp at touchtelindia.net
Sat Dec 25 11:22:48 CST 2004

John,

    If an SQL statement is put directly in SQL view of QBE,  without having first dragged any field into the QBE grid, relevant fields get displayed in the grid only if their names in  SELECT clause are qualified by the table name.

    For example -
    (a) SELECT *  FROM  tbl1 - will not show any field in QBE grid.
    (b) SELECT  tbl1.*  FROM  tbl1 - will result in correct display in QBE grid.

    Note - This is as per tests conducted on Access XP running on Win XP.

A.D.Tejpal