FAQ-BestPractices? Was: RE: [AccessD] Access XP and Outlook Security

Brett Barabash BBarabash at TappeConstruction.com
Wed Feb 4 09:22:23 CST 2004

My way:
Use the Redemption DLL (www.dimastr.com/redemption).  It uses extended MAPI
calls to bypass the foul security dialog.

Another way:
Install the Express ClickYes utility, that will automatically click the Yes
button when the dialog appears.
http://www.express-soft.com/mailmate/clickyes.html

Yet another way:
Don't install SP3, or any other service pack/security update that includes
the Outlook security dialog.

(I only listed the third method because another list member became quite
irate when I dismissed it as dangerous.  Apparently he uses it and advises
his clients to do so as well.  Personally, I don't advise it.)

-----Original Message-----
From: Lonnie Johnson [mailto:prodevmg at yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 9:56 AM
To: 'MS-ACCESS-L at lists.missouri.edu'; AccessDevelopers; ms_access; AccessD
solving'
Subject: [AccessD] Access XP and Outlook Security

I am sending emails programmatically from AccessXP and Outlook is giving me
the message that someone is trying to send a message. It is the security
feature that is looking for spam and viruses.

I was wondering if any of the Gurus out there had code to either....

1. Bypass the Outlook Security

or

2. Send maild directly to a receipiant without going through Outlook.

Thanks in advance.

they are addressed.
originator of the message. This footer also confirms that this
email message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses.

states them to be the views of Tappe Construction Co.

Scanning of this message and addition of this footer is performed
by SurfControl E-mail Filter software in conjunction with
virus detection software.