[AccessD] Remove Field Entry

Hollis,Virginia HollisVJ at pgdp.usec.com
Mon Feb 16 15:24:08 CST 2004

Is this the correct way to remove an entry with Me.ApproverID = Null? I
tried Me.ApproverID.Undo instead, but the entry remains. I tried moving the
code to BeforeUpdate and it still will not undo the entry, it requires the
record to be saved first.

I have never seen it done this way before (=Null) so I wasn't sure if it was
the correct syntax.

I do not want them entering their name in the ApprovalID or entering the
approval date if the request is still open.

Virginia

Private Sub ApproverID_AfterUpdate()

    If IsNull(Me.DateCompleted) Then
        MsgBox "MMR must be completed before approving"
        Me.ApproverID = Null
        Me.DateCompleted.SetFocus
    End If

End Sub