[AccessD] URGENT HELP importing a very large CSV file (many Fields)

Tom Keatley tomk at multiline.com.au
Thu Feb 19 03:14:36 CST 2004

Hi all....

I have a CSV file that I need to get information from and build a table in
Access  ....it contains 600 fields and of course I cant simply import it as
it hits the access limit of 255 fields and will not import the whole file

It is simply an Order for goods with 150 or so records but from 500
different locations.

so ...

Fields in the CSV file
[Item ] [itemcode][storeid1][storeid2][storeid3][storeid4][storeid5]etc to
600 fields

I need to bring those into access and populate a table so....
[Item ] [itemcode][storeid1]
[Item ] [itemcode][storeid2]
[Item ] [itemcode][storeid3]
[Item ] [itemcode][storeid4]
[Item ] [itemcode][storeid5]
[Item ] [itemcode][storeid6]
etc
using the data contained in [Item ] [itemcode] fields and using the
fieldname from the 500 odd [storeid] fields as my store id.

I have been playing with this for some hours so far and dont seem to be able
to acheive what I need

can anyone help?

Regards

Tom Keatley